The Learning Center provides subject tutors in most disciplines. For the most up to date schedule and to schedule an appointment in advance you may use WCOnline. You may also drop in to see a tutor during their work hours without an appointment. If you need help in a particular subject not listed on the schedule please visit the Learning Center and speak with one of the staff members about the availability of a tutor. The Learning Center is located on the second floor of Clarke Hall.
- Help you at all stages of the writing process, including brainstorming, organizing, revising, and editing
- Help you with documentation (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc)
- Help you discover and correct a grammar issue pattern in your writing
- Help you format your paper in a word processing program
What Tutors Don’t Do:
- We are not a one-hour dry cleaning service. We can’t let you drop off a paper to be picked up later. Tutors work alongside you to help you write the best paper you can
- Tutors don’t do your writing for you; we’re here to coach you, and we hope you will be able to use what you learn with us in your future writing
Our subject tutors are top-ranked students, recommended by faculty.Tutoring sessions are given individually or in small groups. Tutors and staff can also provide strategies for organizing planners, understanding syllabi, study skills, and time management. Appointments or walk-ins are always welcome. If the course you need help with is not listed on our schedule, please contact Debbie Hicks, Director of the Learning Center, by email at email@example.com.
The Learning Center offers one-on-one writing support with professional tutors and highly trained peer tutors. Tutors can help students with a variety of writing, including essays for English courses, assignments for an upper level writing course, personal or creative writing, and personal statements for graduate school. For more information about writing tutoring, contact Adam Ruh, Coordinator of Writing Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 757.233.8836.
Should you need additional help in setting up an appointment, stop by the Learning Center, Clarke 223, and a staff member can help you. You can also check out a tutorial on using WCONLINE located in Student Resources