SHIPP Research Application
Applications for SHIPP research grants are due on March 15, 2017 at 3:00 pm.
Virginia Wesleyan University offers a competitive grant program to students to undertake faculty-mentored research. The grants range from $500 to $1,000.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Have no academic violations
- Demonstrate continued enrollment at Virginia Wesleyan University in fall 2017
Required Application Materials:
- A letter of endorsement from a full-time Virginia Wesleyan faculty mentor who will oversee the research project. The letter should be sent to the Lighthouse (Mrs. Christine Pritchard, Clarke 109).
- An Official Virginia Wesleyan academic transcript, requested through Virginia Wesleyan’s Office of the Registrar and turned in to the Lighthouse (Mrs. Christine Pritchard, Clarke 109).
- Online application (see below)
- A 250-word Pathway to See Change essay, uploaded as either a Word or pdf file with the application. This essay should explain your pathway to undergraduate research. Some questions you might address are: Why do you want to conduct this research? How will this research experience enrich your academic, personal, professional, or civic goals? What steps have you already taken to prepare to conduct this research?
- A research bibliography, uploaded as either a Word or pdf file with the application.
ALL fields are required