The remaining balance can be financed in many different ways.
You may choose to pay the difference by:
- Cash, money order, or check in the Office of Finance and Administration. The due date for fall is the last week of July and for spring the second week of December. Please contact the Office of Finance and Administration at 757.455.3280 or email@example.com, for information regarding your account balance and specific due dates.
- If a patron would like to pay online, they may do so through MyPortal. All major credit cards are accepted with a 2.75% convenience fee. Payments made by eChecks are also accepted, which are free of charge.
- Payment plans are a convenient way to spread college costs out over a five or four month plan per semester. Students and authorized users can enroll in an interest free payment plan and make payments toward installments; there is a $50 set up fee per semester. Each monthly payment plan option is labeled as “estimated” to allow you to enter the amounts. The plan total is then divided in equal installments.
The only additional cost to the family for the plan is a $70.00 yearly set up fee. No interest is charged on the payment plan.
- Federal PLUS Loan (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students). Your parent may apply online at www.studentloans.gov. PLUS loans are low-interest loans (currently 7.9%) which can be repaid over a longer period of time (up to ten years with a $50 minimum monthly payment). Repayment begins within 60 days of the loan being disbursed.
- Alternative Loans for undergraduate students. This is a private loan borrowed by the student with a credit worthy cosigner. Students who are interested in this option may apply online at www.elmselect.com.
If you have any questions about any of the above options, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 757.455.3345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.