2017 Spring Talk About Teaching Schedule Announced
Lessons Learned: Faculty Share New Experiences and Best Practices with Innovative Teaching
1) "Lessons Learned: Take-Aways from training in Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning as a Method for teaching Music Courses" Bryson Mortensen will share a few best practices he learned while attending the three-day 2016 POGIL workshop. Bryson has worked to integrate process-oriented guided inquiry learning into his music courses. DATE/TIME: Tuesday, February 7, 11:00-11:50 am, Foley classroom, Library.
2) "Lessons Learned: Incorporating the Use of the Electron Microscope in Courses and Undergraduate Research Projects” Vic Townsend, Maury Howard and Chris Haley will share their experiences with the electron microscope in their classes. Participants will also have the opportunity for a hands-on experience with the microscope. DATE/TIME: Tuesday, Feb 28, 11-11:50 am, Blocker auditorium.
3) "Lessons Learned: Take-Aways from Va. Tech Pedagogy conference” The conversation of this session will be led by VWC faculty who attended the 2017 Virginia Tech Pedagogy conference and share information they learned at the conference. DATE/TIME: Tuesday, March 14, 11:00-11:50 am, Foley classroom, Library.
4) "Lessons Learned: Revealing INTEL Grant projects ideas and topics on Good Teaching" INTEL grant recipients, Larry Hultgren and Jill Sturts share the magic behind their proposals - what went well with their projects, any bumps they encountered along the way, and what they learned. DATE/TIME: Tuesday, March 28, 11:00-11:50 am, Foley classroom, Library.
5) “Lessons Learned: Shedding Light on Community Engagement in the Classroom” Faculty who have incorporated Service Learning components share their experiences and best practices learned with integrating a volunteer, service learning, or community engagement component into their courses. DATE/TIME: Tuesday, April 25, 11:00-11:50 am, Foley classroom, Library.