Any student with a life-threatening situation should call
VWU Emergency hotline (757)233-8888
Use the following guidelines to define a medical emergency:
- Major injury, such as obvious broken bones or large wounds
- Active Bleeding
- Shortness of breath associated with chest pain
- Sudden and severe onset of pain
- Stay calm.
- Call the Emergency Hotline (757) 233-8888
- Define the emergency. Give your name, location, and directions.
- Contact your Resident Assistant, who will give assistance.
- Stay with the injured student until Rescue Squad arrives.
- During hours, the Health Services staff is available to offer advice and/or evaluation at (757) 455-3342 or (757) 455-3108.
REMEMBER: In a life-threatening situation, time is of the essence!