The Marlin Transit Authority provides local transportation runs for students to the Norfolk International Airport, Norfolk Greyhound Bus Station, Norfolk Amtrak Bus Depot and the Norfolk Amtrak Train Station. Requests for local transportation runs to the destinations mentioned above should be made at least one week in advance via the Transportation Request Form (please insert link to form). Requests made outside of this time frame will not be accommodated. Additionally, individual requests will not be accepted during school breaks and holidays which include: Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, Fall Exam Week, Winter Break, Winter Session, Spring Break, Spring Exam Week, Summer Break. During these times, students should refer to the Breaks and Holidays transportation run options.
Local transportation options will also be available during school breaks and holidays following the schedule listed below. In order to utilize the MTA during school breaks and holidays please be sure to schedule your arrival and departure based on the transportation options listed below. Due to the influx of transportation requests received during school breaks and holidays we cannot offer individual transportation times. Due to insurance regulations only NINE seats will be available for each offered transportation run. To secure our seat please fill out the Break and Holiday Request Form.
School Break and Holidays Shuttle Operating Times
- Wednesday, October 11th : 12 pm, 4 pm & 8 pm
- Thursday, October 12th: 10 am, 12 pm, 4 pm & 8pm
- Sunday, October 16th : 1 pm, 4 pm, 7 pm, 10 pm
- Monday, November 20th : 10 am, 12 pm, 4 pm & 8 pm
- Tuesday, November 21st :, 10 am, 12 pm, 4 pm & 8 pm
- Sunday, November 26th : 1 pm, 4 pm, 7 pm, 10 pm
- Tuesday, December 12th: 10am, 12pm & 4pm
- Wednesday, December 13th : 10 am, 12 pm & 4 pm
- Thursday, December 14th : 10 am, 12 pm & 4 pm
- Friday, December 15th : 10 am, 12 pm & 4 pm
- January 2nd : 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
- January 3rd : 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
- January 27th : 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
- January 28th : 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
- Friday, March 23rd: 7 am, 10 am, 12 pm, 4 pm
- Sunday, April 1st: 1pm, 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
Virginia Wesleyan University does not allow the use or transport of controlled substance, alcohol or tobacco products in its vehicles.
Virginia Wesleyan reserves the right to refuse transport to any individual for violation of University polices.
You understand that utilizing this shuttle service is at your own risk. You will not hold Virginia Wesleyan University liable for any accident or injury you may sustain from using this transportation method.