Wesleyan Activities Council
Wesleyan Activities Council (WAC) is a student programming board that provides social, educational, and community-building activities on campus. It is the primary programming arm of the Office of Student Activities, thus it helps support the mission of that office. WAC membership is open to full-time, undergraduate students of Virginia Wesleyan University who are in good judicial standing and have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average. Appointments are by calendar year. The application and interview process takes place each November.
- Event Supervisors- Five paid students who lead event planning and weekly meetings, oversee assigned events, and manage Event Volunteers.
- Event Volunteers- Unpaid students with more flexible schedules; they volunteer for events of their choosing, attend planning meetings, assist with marketing, and help with day-of-event set-up, event management, and clean-up.
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills
- Provide quality entertainment for peers
- Shape campus culture and traditions
- Make friends and network
2017 WAC Members
- Event Supervisors: Gabrielle Adams (Spirit and Traditions), William Murphy (Comedy and Variety), Tiffany Cariker (Movies and Games), Abigail Harrington (Music), Amber McDonald (Novelties and Outdoor)
Learn more about the Wesleyan Activities Council by visiting the Office of Student Activities, Greek Life, and Commuter Services in Batten Center 019.