Group Visits to Virginia Wesleyan University are a fun, interactive way to familiarize your students with our campus community!
The visits begin with an information session led by a member of our Admissions Team and students are encouraged to interact by sharing about themselves and asking questions about the University. The information session covers the admissions process, information about faculty & academic programs, undergraduate research, internship options, and the many activities available to VWU students. After the information session, a walking tour of campus is led by a trained Student Ambassador. Again, students are encouraged to ask questions and will come away with a “real-life” view of what life is like in our campus community.
Information and Policies about Group Visits:
- Visits for groups high school-aged and above are scheduled Monday through Friday at 11:00 a.m.
- In order to ensure meaningful interaction with your students, group size is limited to 50 students.
- Requests for group visits should be received at least two (2) weeks prior to your desired visit date using the link below. The Group Visit Coordinator will email you a request form which must be filled out completely and returned via email. Your tour is not confirmed until you receive an email confirmation notice that includes your tour date, time, and other pertinent information.
- Due to the limited time available to us to work with students enrolling in the University, tours for elementary and middle school groups are only offered from May 15-June 15.
- All requests will be approved by the Dean of Admissions and are scheduled on a “first come, first served” basis. While every effort will be made to schedule your visit on the date you request, alternative dates may be offered if your desired visit date conflicts with the prior commitments of the Admissions Team.
- Group visits will be cancelled if classes are delayed or cancelled at the University due to inclement weather or other emergencies. The Group Visit Coordinator will contact you upon the re-opening of the University to reschedule your visit on a mutually agreeable date.
- A great deal of the campus tour does involve walking outdoors. Please ensure that your students are prepared with coats, umbrellas, appropriate shoes, etc. in accordance with the weather on the day of your tour. Tours are conducted rain or shine!
Would your group like to stay for lunch?
Lunch is served to groups in our beautiful Boyd Dining Center from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Having a meal on campus is an excellent way for your students to see more of campus life!
- The cost of dining on campus is $6.35 per person, including tax, all-you-can eat.
- Payment must come from one source (i.e. one check or one credit card for entire group).
- You must let the Group Visit Coordinator know at least two weeks prior to your visit that your group will be staying for lunch. This will ensure adequate time for the dining hall staff to prepare for your visit.
Thank you for taking the time to review the above information! If you are interested in booking a group visit or have questions, please contact our Group Visit Coordinator, Lindsy Greene, in Admissions. Our goal is to give you and your students the best experience possible.
We hope to welcome you to campus soon!