Adjunct Instructor, Department of Chemistry, Physics
All Virginia Wesleyan University employees, including primary contract services, are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and booster. A copy of an individual's vaccination card or certificate will be required upon employment.
This is a part-time position to teach university physics lecture and laboratory in the day of the fall 2022 semester (one lecture and one or two lab sections) at Virginia Wesleyan University. The adjunct instructor will teach in person. Preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D. and demonstrated experience in teaching college-level physics, although candidates with a M.S. or 18 graduate semester hours in Physics will be considered. Interested candidates should send their resume/CV to the Department Chair, Dr. Kevin Kittredge at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare syllabi that meet the VWU syllabus guidelines and provide these to students on the first day of class. Syllabi should also be provided to department chairs.
- Be on time and prepared for class sessions and grade, provide feedback, and return assignments within a reasonable time period.
- Communicate with students via office hours and email.
- Submit mid-term reports, final grades, and C- reports per guidelines provided by the University Registrar.
- Comply with FERPA regulations.
- Coordinate with Campus support services as needed to support students.
- Ph.D. in Physics or M.S. with 18 graduate hours in Physics
- Teaching experience is preferred
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
About Virginia Wesleyan University
Virginia Wesleyan University is Coastal Virginia's premier university of the liberal arts and sciences. Situated on a 300-acre park-like campus in Virginia Beach, the University annually enrolls approximately 1,600 students in undergraduate, graduate, and online programs. Undergraduate degrees include a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Musical Arts, and Bachelor of Social Work with 42 majors, 32 minors, and 19 pre-professional tracks. Graduate degrees include a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Education, and Master of Arts in Education. Students thrive in average class sizes of 15 and through the University's experiential learning, high-impact leadership, and career-development programs. An inclusive community dedicated to scholarship and service grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, Virginia Wesleyan University inspires students to build meaningful lives through engagement in Coastal Virginia's dynamic metropolitan region, the nation, and the world.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Virginia Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of skills, experience, and qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national and ethnic origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, the presence of non-job-related medical disability, or any other legally protected status.