Coordinator of Accreditation, Data Collection, and Reporting
PLEASE NOTE: All Virginia Wesleyan University employees, including primary contract services, are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and booster. A copy of an individual's vaccination card or certificate will be required upon employment.
GENERAL STATEMENT/SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to, those listed here and others to be added as the needs of Academic Affairs evolve. Primary duties are in support of the Education department and include coordinating data collection to monitor student and program performance, preparing and submitting required annual reports to state and federal education agencies, and supporting Director of Teacher Education to maintain program accreditation. Additional duties in Academic Affairs include supporting institutional accreditation efforts across campus.
- Assist the Director of Teacher Education in organizing and preparing for Advisory Board and partnership meetings, as well as for other meetings, events, etc., related to accreditation and program approval.
- Manage and track candidates’ progression through programmatic Gateways providing formal acceptance letters for those who progress through a Gateway.
- Oversee data collection, recording, and initial analysis for the Education department and other academic departments.
- Track enrollment data for education courses for scheduling and reporting purposes.
- Serve as point-of-contact with potential and current candidates for providing information about Education Program Admission and Continuation Requirements, and Licensure Exams for all programs; assist prospective and current candidates with Licensure Exam registration, test codes, etc.
- Maintain electronic files of current and potential candidates, including updating candidate information in MARSIS and monitoring test score data (e.g., Subject Area Assessments, VCLA, RVE).
- Complete other duties, as assigned.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
- EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of administrative experience
- REPORTS TO: Director of Teacher Education and Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs
- Ability to communicate effectively, write accurately, compile data and generate reports from data, and represent the University in a positive, helpful, and friendly manner.
- Possess knowledge of and ability to create appropriate spreadsheets and charts in MS Excel to record and represent appropriately disaggregated data for programmatic assessment.
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made. Interested candidates may apply by submitting a curriculum vitae or resume, cover letter, and list of at least three professional references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Virginia Wesleyan University
Virginia Wesleyan University is Coastal Virginia's premier university of the liberal arts and sciences. Situated on a 300-acre park-like campus in Virginia Beach, the University annually enrolls approximately 1,600 students in undergraduate, graduate, and online programs. Undergraduate degrees include a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Musical Arts, and Bachelor of Social Work with 41 majors, 31 minors, and 19 pre-professional tracks. Graduate degrees include a Master of Business Administration, a Master of Education, and Master of Arts in Education. Students thrive in average class sizes of 15 and through the University's experiential learning, high-impact leadership, and career-development programs. An inclusive community dedicated to scholarship and service grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, Virginia Wesleyan University inspires students to build meaningful lives through engagement in Coastal Virginia's dynamic metropolitan region, the nation, and the world.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Virginia Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered on the basis of skills, experience, and qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national and ethnic origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, the presence of non-job-related medical disability, or any other legally protected status.