For the most up to date schedule, check WCONLINE. Appointments and walk-ins are always welcome.
You can make an appointment for tutoring through the Learning Center’s online appointment scheduler, WCONLINE.
- If you are a first time user, on the login screen, click on the link “Click here to register”
- Register for a new account
- Login with your email and password, and choose a schedule: subject or writing.
- On the weekly schedule, white squares are available times, blue squares are unavailable times
- Click on an available time slot and fill out the appointment request *Appointments can be modified or cancelled at any time through the scheduler
Should you need additional help in setting up an appointment, stop by the Learning Center, Clarke 223, and a staff member can help you. You can also check out a tutorial on using WCONLINE located in Student Resources
Subject tutors are top-ranked students, recommended by faculty, who are trained to tutor for specific classes. Tutoring sessions are given individually or in small groups. Tutors and staff can also provide strategies for organizing planners, understanding syllabi, study skills, and time management. Appointments or walk-ins are always welcome. If the course you need help with is not listed on our schedule, please contact Julia Capewell, Director of the Learning Center, by email at email@example.com. Dr. Capewell’s office is located in the Learning Center, Clarke Hall 225.
The Learning Center offers one-on-one writing support with professional tutors and highly trained peer tutors. Tutors can help students with all kinds of writing, including essays for English courses, assignments for an upper level writing course, personal or creative writing, and personal statements for graduate school.
- Help you at all stages of the writing process, including brainstorming, organizing, revising, and editing
- Help you with documentation (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc)
- Help you discover and correct a grammar issue pattern in your writing
- Help you format your paper in a word processing program
What Tutors Don’t Do:
- We are not a one-hour dry cleaning service. We can’t let you drop off a paper to be picked up later. Tutors work alongside you to help you write the best paper you can
- Tutors don’t do your writing for you; we’re here to coach you, and we hope you will be able to use what you learn with us in your future writing
For more information about writing tutoring, contact Kim Fahle, Coordinator of Writing Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 757.455.5704. Her office is located in the Learning Center, Clarke Hall 227.