Virginia Teacher Licensure Assessment Requirements
In order to be eligible for student teaching and subsequent licensure, candidates must pass the following professional teacher’s assessments:
- Virginia Communications and Literacy Assessment (VCLA)
- Reading for Virginia Educators (RVE): Elementary and Special Education
- Praxis Subject Area assessment
Assessment Contact Information
- For more information on VCLA or RVE please visit www.doe.virginia.gov.
- To register for Praxis Core visit http://www.ets.org/praxis/about/core
- To register for the VCLA, visit www.va.nesinc.com.
- To register for RVE (locally), visit the Praxis website at www.ets.org/praxis.
- To register for a Praxis subject assessment test, visit the Praxis website at www.ets.org/praxis.
- For additional information about Praxis please visit the ETS: Educational Testing website.