SHIPP Study Away Course Application
Applications for SHIPP summer 2017 courses are due on March 15, 2017 at 3:00 pm.
Virginia Wesleyan University offers a competitive grant program to students to enroll in one of SHIPP’S study away courses:
Awards will be granted based on academic performance and financial need.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled at Virginia Wesleyan University in fall 2017
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 both at the time of application and at the end of the term preceding the award
- Have no outstanding incompletes
- Have no academic violations
- Have no conduct violations
- Have filed a FAFSA (Federal Student Aid) form
Required Application Materials:
- At least one letter of recommendation, sent under a separate cover to the Lighthouse (Mrs. Christine Pritchard, Clarke 109).
- An Official Virginia Wesleyan academic transcript, requested through Virginia Wesleyan’s Office of the Registrar and turned in to the Lighthouse (Mrs. Christine Pritchard, Clarke 109).
- Online application (see below)
- A 250-word Pathway to See Change essay, uploaded as either a Word or pdf file with the application. This essay should explain your pathway to study away. Some questions you might address are: Why do you want to participate in this study away course? How will this study away experience enrich your academic, personal, professional, or civic goals? What steps have you already taken to prepare to study away?
- A signed Conduct Review Form. Applicants should download the form, fill it out, have it signed by a designated signatory, and upload it to the application.
- A copy of either your passport (international travel) OR your driver’s license (domestic travel) as a pdf file. Upload to application
ALL fields are required