As an entering freshman, you will be assigned to a faculty advisor who is trained to provide guidance from a multi-disciplinary approach and who will also serve as your First Year Experience instructor. If you are a transfer student with interest in a particular major, you will be assigned to an advisor closely aligned with that discipline. You must meet with your advisor to discuss your interests and goals, learn about requirements, and work out a schedule of classes prior to web registration.
Instructional Technology provides access to support and training in the use of Academic Software for both faculty and students. Group training is available to all incoming students during orientation and hands-on computer support, training and assistance in a face-to-face format is provided when requested by both faculty and students in the Instructional Technology Development Lab (Clarke Hall room 109).
Instructional Technology Services:
- Blackboard (an online Learning Management System)
- SafeAssign (anti-plagiarism detection software),
- WebAdvisor (campus administrative information system for use in online registration and advising)
- LiveText (document assessment system)
We supplement faculty instruction by providing peer and professional tutoring, appropriate resource materials to supplement course work, skills workshops, and alternate testing facilities. We also coordinate disability services and accommodations.
Learning Center Services:
- Academic Advocacy and Communication
- Academic Planning and Workshops
- Academic Tutoring
- Computers/Assistive Technology
- Disability Support Services
- Individualized Writing Assistance
- Speech Lab
- Study and Testing Areas