The advising system at Virginia Wesleyan University fosters the growth of strong relationships between students, staff and faculty, enabling student success through intentional connections with people, academic programs, and processes of the University. The academic advising system supports academic planning, retention, and professional growth as students work toward a timely graduation and pursue life and career goals.
Instructional Technology provides access to support and training in the use of Academic Software for both faculty and students. Group training is available to all incoming students during orientation and hands-on computer support, training and assistance in a face-to-face format is provided when requested by both faculty and students in the Instructional Technology Development Lab (Clarke Hall room 109).
Instructional Technology Services:
- Blackboard (an online Learning Management System)
- SafeAssign (anti-plagiarism detection software),
- WebAdvisor (campus administrative information system for use in online registration and advising)
- LiveText (document assessment system)
The Learning Center coordinates tutorial and student academic support services at Virginia Wesleyan University. Our mission is to give students the resources they need to be successful independent learners. We are also committed to maintaining an open channel of communication with faculty, staff, and students. We supplement faculty instruction by providing peer and professional tutoring, appropriate resource materials to supplement course work, skills workshops, and alternate testing facilities. We also coordinate disability services and accommodations.
Learning Center Services:
- Subject, Writing and, Speaking Tutoring
- Tutoring Computers/Assistive Technology
- Disability Support Services
- Study and Testing Areas
- Smarthinking online writing and subject tutoring is available for all students through their course Blackboard page.