Campus Emergency Information
Virginia Wesleyan sees safety as a top priority in creating an educational environment where students, faculty and staff members can thrive. Although no one wants to think about an emergency situation occurring at Virginia Wesleyan, it is important to be prepared for such occasions.
In effort to prepare for emergencies, the University has an Emergency Response Team that pulls administrators and staff from all areas of campus life to meet regularly and address such concerns as natural disasters and medical emergencies.
It is important that members of the campus community be aware of Virginia Wesleyan's emergency procedures and most importantly, are cooperative and responsive in times of an emergency.
Emergency information and contacts
- Campus Security emergency number 757.233.8888
- Campus Security non-emergency number 757.455.3349 (day), 757.455.3289 (evening)
- Inclement weather hotline/emergency closing 757.455.5711
- University's emergency Web site http://emergency.vwu.edu
- Front gate, University entrance 757.455.3289