Study Away Course Grants
- Fall Semester 2018: June 1, 2018
- Winter Session 2019: September 17, 2018
- Spring Semester 2019: November 15, 2018
- Summer Session 2019: See SHIPP
Information and applications are available on The Lighthouse’s Portal Page.
Through The Lighthouse, Virginia Wesleyan University offers a competitive grant program to students to enroll in study away courses. The grants range from $250 to $1,500. The awards are available only to students who enroll in courses; awardees may not audit courses.
Applicants meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled at Virginia Wesleyan University during the 2017-18 academic year
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
- Have no outstanding incompletes
- Have no Honor Code violations
- Have no serious conduct violations
- Provide documentation of financial need
Awards are granted based on:
- Financial need
- Academic performance
- Quality of the Pathway to See Change Essay
- Priority is given to students who are enrolled in 4-credit courses and have not previously received a Lighthouse study away grant
History 262 students at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany, 5 January 2018.
Virginia Wesleyan Students in a Religious Studies study away course in Israel, January 2018.