Study Away Course Grants
Grant Application Due Dates
Spring Session 2018
November 15, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
Award notifications will be sent in early December 2017
Summer Session 2018
Information available on The Lighthouse’s SHIPP page
Through The Lighthouse, Virginia Wesleyan University offers a competitive grant program to students to enroll in study away courses. The grants range from $250 to $1,500. The awards are available only to students who enroll in courses; awardees may not audit courses.
Applicants meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled at Virginia Wesleyan University during the 2017-18 academic year
- Minimum GPA of 2.7
- Have no outstanding incompletes
- Have no academic violations
- Have no serious conduct violations
- Have filed a FAFSA (Federal Student Aid) form or provide other documentation of financial need
Awards are granted based on:
- Financial need
- Academic performance
- Quality of the Pathway to See Change Essay
- Priority is given to students who have not previously received a Lighthouse grant
Late applications will not be reviewed.
ALL fields are required