Breadth Requirement (24 semester hours)
The breadth requirement ensures a well-rounded education. Students will take six courses to ensure a breadth of knowledge that is fundamental to a university education. The requirements span arts and humanities, social sciences, professional studies, mathematics, and the natural sciences.
- From the Goode School of Arts and Humanities (8 semester hours)
- One course in the Creative Arts
- One upper-level course in the Humanities
- From the Brock School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (8 semester hours)
- One course in the Mathematical Sciences
- One course in the Natural Sciences (with laboratory)
- From the Birdsong School of Social Sciences and the Watts School of Professional Studies (8 semester hours)
- One course in the traditional Social Sciences
- One course in the traditional or in the applied Social Sciences
These courses must be taken from six different departmental rubrics (eg. ENG, MATH, REC) and must also be outside of a student’s major department(s).