Choosing a Major and Career
Our Career Development Program (CDP) offers a free online, self-guided, interactive program designed to help you to select a major and plan your career based on your personal interests, values, skills, personality, and aspirations.
Returning FOCUS-2 users may log in here.
First-time users: To get started
- To create a new user account and to obtain a FOCUS-2 access code, contact the director of the Career Development Program, Ms. Jessica Harrington (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Create a username and password. Remember your username and password, as the CDP will not have it.
- Now you are ready to enter the FOCUS-2 site to register as a first-time user.
Tips for using the FOCUS-2
- Start by working on the sections that are more relevant to you. You do not have to complete every section. Select the ones that best meet your needs at this time.
- Each section takes 10 to 15 minutes; the whole program takes about two hours to complete.
- You may exit and return to the program at any time.
- When finished, print your completed reports and/or portfolio and make an appointment with our director of the Career Development Program, Ms. Jessica Harrington, through The Lighthouse’s appointment scheduler.
If you have questions about FOCUS-2, please contact our director of the Career Development Program, Ms. Jessica Harrington, in The Lighthouse by phone at 455.3107 or by email at email@example.com. You may also schedule an appointment with her through The Lighthouse’s appointment scheduler. We look forward to discussing your results with you!