Choosing a Major
The Lighthouse can help you to explore majors. If you are deciding on a major or considering changing your current one, we can help. Contact Career Development in the Lighthouse at email@example.com.
Tips & Resources to help with choosing a major
- Take Virginia Wesleyan's interactive personal interest survey, FOCUS-2. This online program helps students to discover their interests and select majors that suit each student's interests and personal goals. To access FOCUS-2 and obtain an access code, contact Career Development in the Lighthouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend a "Choosing Your Major" workshop.
- Take courses that interest you.
- Talk to professors in potential career fields about career possibilities.
- Talk to professionals in potential career fields about career possibilities.
- Research career fields. View this 2-minute video on 129 different occupations to brainstorm careers.
- Use O*NET OnLine for career exploration and job analysis.
Majors offered by Virginia Wesleyan
- For a list of what majors are available at Virginia Wesleyan, see Departments & Programs.
- To declare your major, minor, or academic advisor, go to Student Forms.
"One becomes an educated person by virtue of patient study, quiet meditation, intellectual courage, and a life devoted to discovery and service of truth."
Everett Dean Martin, The Meaning of a Liberal Education (1926)