Successful commuter students take full advantage of involvement opportunities such as clubs and organizations, student employment, and leadership workshops. The Office of Student Activities, located in the Jane P. Batten Student Center, is dedicated to making sure that you have such opportunities, which enhance your student experience and strengthen your connection to campus.
- Would you like to join the Commuter Club? Let us know here.
- Be on the lookout for Mobile Marlins Meet & Greets throughout the year!
- Hang out in the lounge by the Hub in the Batten Center.
- Need a place to store or warm up your lunch? Use the kitchenette on the second floor of the Batten Center.
- Store your stuff in a locker! For long-term use, there are commuter lockers in the Batten Center athletic hallway and Birdsong Hall (reserve these by visiting the Student Affairs office in Batten Center near Boyd Dining Hall). For daily use, make use of the Batten Center student locker rooms.
- Obtain a key card from Campus Security for after-hours access to resources such as the 24-hour quiet study lounge in the library.
- See Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) routes for Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
- See local toll routes and learn about EZ Pass transponders!
- Learn more about the Evening and Weekend Program.
- View the campus map with parking lots.