Yellow Ribbon Program
The Post-9/11 GI Bill® will pay you:
- All resident tuition & fees for a public school
- The higher of the actual tuition & fees or $23,671.94 per academic year for a private school
If your actual tuition & fees costs at VWU exceed the maximum Post 9-11 GI Bill® amounts, we are an active participant for the Yellow Ribbon Program. We will honor the benefits for those eligible at 100%. Through the Yellow Ribbon Program, VWU and the VA will match the amounts remaining for tuition and fees that exceed the academic year cap for the Post 9-11 GI Bill®. The Post 9-11 GI Bill® and VA will issue payment directly to VWU for tuition & fees.
Only veterans enrolled in the Post 9-11 GI Bill®, entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty service members and their spouses are not eligible for this program (child transferees of active duty service members may be eligible if the service member is qualified at the 100% rate).
Therefore, you may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 90 days;
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.