Group Visits (in-person and virtual)
Group Visits to Virginia Wesleyan University are for middle & high school student groups, community college groups, church groups, and other organizations. They are formatted to provide a fun, interactive way to familiarize your students with our campus community!
The visits begin with an information session led by a member of our Enrollment Team and students are encouraged to interact by sharing about themselves and asking questions about the University. The information session covers the admission process, information about academic programs, undergraduate research, internship options, and the many activities available to VWU students. After the information session, a walking tour of campus is led by a trained Student Ambassador. Again, students are encouraged to ask questions and will come away with a “real-life” view of what life is like in our campus community.
Information and Policies about In-Person Group Visits:
- Visits for high school and college-aged students are scheduled Tuesday and Thursday at 11:00 a.m. Group size is strictly limited to 50 participants; this number includes chaperones.
- Groups must have one chaperone per every ten students. Chaperones must accompany their students throughout the campus visit, and encourage their group to behave in a mature and respectful manner.
- Due to the limited time available to us to work with students enrolling in the University, tours for middle school groups are only offered from May 15-June 15.
- All requests will be approved by the Vice President for Enrollment and are scheduled on a “first come, first served” basis. While every effort will be made to schedule your visit on the date you request, alternative dates may be offered if your desired visit date conflicts with the prior commitments of the Enrollment Team.
- Group visits will be cancelled if classes are delayed or cancelled at the University due to inclement weather or other emergencies. Information about such delays and cancellations is posted at www.vwu.edu. The Group Visit Coordinator will contact you upon the re-opening of the University to reschedule your visit on a mutually agreeable date.
- Please let us know if your students need any special accommodations, such as a wheelchair, for the tour. Please ensure that your students are prepared with coats, umbrellas, appropriate shoes, etc. in accordance with the weather on the day of your tour. Tours are conducted rain or shine!
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate group visits before the assigned reservation time. Please refrain from arriving on campus more than 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- Group tours may eat lunch in the Boyd Dining Center following their tour. The cost of dining is $6.75 per person, including tax. You must let the Group Visit Coordinator know at least two weeks prior to your visit that your group will be staying for lunch. (only an option during the academic year)
- Payment must be made by check, which must be received no later than 24 hours before the scheduled visit. No lunch will be provided unless your check has been received in a timely fashion.
Information and Policies about Virtual Group Visits:
- Virtual group visits are scheduled Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM and are approved on a first come, first served basis. Virtual sessions will last no more than 60 minutes.
- Virtual group visit requests must be submitted with at least two weeks notice of the preferred date.
- Virtual sessions can accommodate up to 90 students and their chaperones via Zoom. There must be at least one (1) chaperone per twenty (20) students.
- Group leaders and chaperones are responsible for students' behavior. Students are expected to conduct themselves as respectful session attendees and not demonstrate disruptive behavior during the presentation. Should such behavior occur, the VWU admission staff has the right to terminate the virtual session.
- While every effort will be made to schedule your visit on the date you request, alternative dates may be offered if your desired visit date conflicts with the prior commitments of the Enrollment Team.
Thank you for taking the time to review the above information! If you are interested in booking a group visit or have questions, please contact The Center for Enrollment Services at email@example.com. A representative of your group will be asked to sign a Group Visit Contract. Failure to comply with the policies listed on this website and those listed in the contract will result in your group being denied the privilege of visiting campus in the future. Our goal is to give you and your students the best experience possible.
We hope to welcome you to campus soon!