Off The Hook
Events planned for students by students!
Off The Hook provides social, educational, and community-building activities on campus, with a primary focus on weekend events. Off The Hook is the primary programming arm of the Office of Student Activities, thus it supports the mission of that office. Off The Hook consists of six Event Supervisors who develop leadership and teamwork skills, provide quality entertainment for peers, and promote campus traditions. The Event Supervisors are employed through the Work and Learning Program. Applicants must be full-time, undergraduate students of Virginia Wesleyan University who are in good judicial standing and have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
Event Supervisors positions include:
- Cultural & Campus Traditions - example events planned by this Event Supervisor include Mardi Gras Dinner, Egg Hunt, Halloween Activities, Christmas Tree Lighting etc.
- Movies and Games - example events planned by this Event Supervisor include Movies on the Lawn, Grocery Bingo, themed Dinner Movies, etc.
- Music & Variety Performances - example events planned by this Event Supervisor include Air Band, local artist performances, etc.
- Novelties and Giveaways - example events planned by this Event Supervisor Make your own Terrarium, Phone Wallets, Stuff a Stuff, Street Signs, etc.
- Recreation and Outdoor Activities - example events planned by this Event Supervisor include Mud Games, Lasertag, Bubble Soccer, Goat Yoga etc.
Stay hooked with us via Social Media: Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter!