Pre-admittance and Joint Degree Options in Pharmacy with Shenandoah University
An official Agreement with Shenandoah University's Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy for Pre-Admittance and Joint Degree Options gives priority status to a maximum of five Virginia Wesleyan students per year who have completed at least 64 semester credit hours, provided they meet the following criteria:
- A PCAT composite score in the 50th percentile or greater with no individual score less than the 30th percentile in combination with a cumulative GPA at VWU of 3.25 on a 4.0 grading scale
- Completion of all current pre-requisite courses and credits required by Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy with a grade of "C" or better
- A cumulative pre-requisite GPA of no less than 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Interview with and a letter of recommendation from the Dean of Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy or his designee
- Two favorable letters of recommendation from VWU faculty members
- One letter of recommendation from a healthcare provider
A Dual Enrollment Bachelor's Degree Option is also offered through the agreement between Virginia Wesleyan University and Shenandoah University. Students who have completed designated coursework at Virginia Wesleyan will be awarded a bachelor's degree from VWU upon their successful completion of the first year PharmD curriculum at BJD.
For more information about the Pre-admittance and Joint Degree Options in Pharmacy with Shenandoah University, contact VWU Advisor Dr. Maynard Schaus, Associate Provost and Professor of Biology (firstname.lastname@example.org).